Exciting News and Partnership Developments at Strictly Sail Pacific!
Strictly Sail Pacific and Pacific Power Boat Expo will come together for one incredible event from April 15-19, 2009 at the newly remodeled Jack London Square in Oakland, California. The new show, Strictly Sail Pacific & Power Boat Expo, will feature the best of sail and power.
The new combined show is a winning proposition for everyone and will result in a bigger, more exciting event that will attract additional attendees and provide increased value to exhibitors. Sail America and NCMA will benefit from sharing various costs, and the combined marketing budget will achieve far greater reach, resulting in increased attendance.
The new and expanded show venue will have one marina basin dedicated to sailboats and another basin dedicated to power boats, with a connecting dock between the two basins. The majority of the on-land sailing exhibitors will be located in a large tented area at the recently remodeled east end of Jack London Square.
Strictly Sail Pacific & Power Boat Expo will bring together more than 300 exhibitors, including a massive in-water fleet of both sail and power boats and hundreds of on-land exhibits. More than 15,000 boating enthusiasts are expected to attend the five-day event to check out the latest boats, gear and accessories, participate in hundreds of educational seminars, and take part in special events ranging from demo sails for kids to the Green Boating Zone, featuring the latest eco-friendly boating products and best practices.
New Show Features
- The Green Boating Zone - New for 2009, the Green Boating Zone features the latest environmentally conscious boats and accessories.
- Small Boat Zone - This new display features fun and affordable small boats from the latest racing machines to traditional daysailers, as well as information on economical ways to get out on the water.
Activities for Kids
- Sailing Programs for Children with Special Needs - Non-profit organization, Heart of Sailing, is hosting sailboat rides for children with developmental disabilities.
- Free Sailing Seminars for Kids - Call of the Sea, a nonprofit organization, is conducting free Navigation and Seamanship seminars for kids ages 6 – 12 throughout the show..
- Kids Set Sail on SEAWARD - Kids ages 10-18 and their parents or caregivers are invited onboard the Schooner SEAWARD as she explores the Port of Oakland and the Estuary. www.callofthesea.org
- O’Pen Bic Demo - Junior sailors ages 8 to 15 are invited for a demo sail on the popular O’Pen Bic dinghy.
- Junior Windsurfing Program - On Saturday, April 18, the St. Francis Yacht Club will bring its Junior Windsurfing program to practice off the show docks at Jack London Square.
- Yacht Club Challenge - All yacht clubs in California have been invited to attend Strictly Sail Pacific & Power Boat Expo and take part in the Yacht Club Challenge. Each club has been given $5 discount coupons for its members and prizes will be awarded to the club that gets the most of its members to attend the show.
- Discover Sailing Center - At Discover Sailing, new sailors can sign up for a sail with an expert skipper and get out on the water to experience the wonderful sailing lifestyle and gain some valuable hands-on experience.
- Cruise the Derek M. Baylis - Attendees of Strictly Sail Pacific & Power Boat Expo can visit SeaLife Conservation’s 65-foot Derek M. Baylis, a sailboat designed for ocean research.
- The Largest Seminar Program Ever --Seminars, which run all five days of the show, include over 145 seminar sessions, 86 unique topics, and 54 speakers.
The remaining available space at the new combined show is expected to sell quickly. Any company that is interested in exhibiting at Strictly Sail Pacific & Power Boat Expo should contact Lori Gleason at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-240-6802.