Coming Soon: Strategies for Success Educational Seminar Program
In lieu of an annual industry conference, Sail America is developing a top notch educational series to benefit its members.
In an effort to continue the momentum begun last year at the Sail America Industry Conference, Sail America is launching a series of educational initiatives designed to continually assist its members in providing hands-on, professional development opportunities.
According to Association Committee Chair George Day, Sail America has a five-prong power-punch designed to deliver high quality educational initiatives.
- Strategies for Success business education seminars will be held at the Fall boat shows, and continue through 2010.
- A dedicated online webinar series focusing on recession survival strategies will be launched in Spring ’09 and will be available for all members.
- Instead of producing a three-time-yearly print edition of the popular educational newsletter, Waypoints, a monthly e-newsletter will be produced and distributed with two custom stories per issues. Each edition will provide an in-depth look at a relevant topic utilizing expert resources with targeted topics for the sailing industry. These will also be archived on the Sail America website for easy access.
- Additional educational content will be added to the Sail America website, with links to relevant articles, white papers, interviews and editorials. The website will feature a dedicated section for members to post and share success stories and best practices.
- Planning is already underway for a June 2010 Sail America Industry Conference.
“As a committee, our goal is to provide quality seminars, webinars, conferences, newsletters and other services that will truly benefit our members,” said Day. “With limited resources this year, we are looking for the most efficient methods to meet our goals and we are very enthusiastic about these offerings.”
Day also noted that sponsorships are available for these events and that Sail America is looking for volunteers to help organize these various initiatives. For more information, contact George Day at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (401) 847-7612.