Executive Director's Corner: Sail America Expands Member Benefits and Services
One of my primary goals since joining Sail America one year ago has been to increase the value Sail America offers its members. For the past several months I have been working closely with the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee, various task forces, and several member companies to develop a strong strategic plan and value proposition that will position Sail America as an essential resource for any company that delivers sailing-related products and services. Part of the planning process involved researching other trade associations to discover the types of services they offer their members and working closely with NMMA to identify which of its membership services would be appealing and available to Sail America members.
As a result of this research and planning, I’m pleased to announce that Sail America is significantly expanding the benefits and services it offers its members, including cost saving affinity programs and discounted space rates at Sail America-owned shows. You will receive a complete membership benefits package shortly but, in the meantime, I wanted to outline some of the exciting benefits that will soon be available to all Sail America members.
- TARGETED SALES OPPORTUNITIES
- Strictly Sail® Boat Shows
- Strictly Sail St Petersburg Nov 1-4, 2007
- Strictly Sail Chicago Jan 31-Feb 3, 2008
- Strictly Sail Miami Feb 14-18, 2008
- Strictly Sail Pacific - April 2008
- Virginia In-Water Boat Expo and SailFest, September 14-16, 2007
- Baltimore Boat Show and SailFest, January 23–27, 2008
- Boat Show Privileges:
- Discounted rates for exhibitors at Sail America-owned shows (St. Pete and Pacific)
- Space preference for exhibitors at all Strictly Sail shows
- Access to member-only area at all Strictly Sail shows
- Free Trade Credentials to all Strictly Sail shows
- 4 complimentary boat show guest tickets to Strictly Sail shows
- Cost-Saving Affinity Programs: Members benefit from cost-saving affinity programs:
- APPI (Affiliated Power Purchasers International): Save money on your electric expenses
- Avis Member Benefits Program: Car rental discounts up to 20%
- Freight Discounts: Deep discounts on FedEx and ground shipping services
- Staples Business Advantage: Deep discounts on office supplies
- Integrated Marketing Programs: Sail America’s no.1 marketing goal is to grow the sailing market through promoting the sailing lifestyle. Sail America supports numerous marketing campaigns and events to promote sailing across the country and to attract new sailors.
- Market and Industry Information: Members receive the sailing portion of NMMA’s Recreational Boating Statistical Abstract report and other sailing-related research reports.
- Education And Business Tools: Sail America provides members with ongoing education programs to support the development and growth of business success:
- Waypoints: Quarterly educational newsletter
- Strategies for Success: Seminars that are designed to improve business and selling skills
- HR University: Resources, template forms, statistics and tools to assist with your Human Resources needs
- PR University: Online PR guide that includes tips for drafting press materials, selecting spokespeople, and contacting industry reporters.
- Access To Sales Leads: Members have access to over 40,000 sailing prospects.
- Member Communications: Communicating with members is a priority at Sail America. Members receive Sail America News (a monthly electronic newsletter), Waypoints (a quarterly educational newsletter), Sail America’s Annual Report, as well as NMMA’s Washington Wave and Boating News Net Economic Report.
- Website Listing: Members are listed on Sailamerica.com and Discoversailing.com.
- Job Mart: Members can post job openings on NMMA’s JobMart.
- Member Welcome Pack: All paid members will receive a welcome pack containing:
- Login information to the member’s only section on sailamerica.com
- Sail America membership certificate and frame
- Details and login information for Affinity programs
- Statistical reports
There is a need, now more than ever, for a strong trade association that will create a larger and healthier market for all of us. Together, we can meet the challenges and build a brighter future for sailing. We encourage you to renew your membership with Sail America so that you can benefit from the host of new member services and, at the same time, support our efforts to create a strong, profitable and sustainable sailing market.