Jonathan Banks, Sail America Executive Director
Sally Helme, Sail America President
POSTIVE FEEDBACK FROM INDUSTRY CONFERENCE SURVEY
About 50 percent of those attending the recent Sailing Industry Conference in Annapolis, MD took time to respond to an online survey that was distributed by Sail America.
Overall, the results were extremely positive including some of the following highlights:
- The majority of respondents (50%) attended the Industry Conference to learn about industry trends followed by 34% who attended for networking.
- A solid 93% indicated that the conference exceeded or met most of their expectations.
- 91% would recommend the event to others.
- More than 80% were satisfied or very satisfied with the overall conference content, quality of speakers, and venue.
- Over 70% of respondents were satisfied or very satisfied with the General Session Speakers. Dean Brenner received the highest satisfaction rating followed by Gary Jobson, George Day, Sally Helme and Neil Schwartz (SGMA).
- 97% thought the conference was well organized and 99% were happy with the conference staff.
- 72% believe the conference was better than other conferences they have attended; while the balance believed it was comparable.
- The ideal duration for the Industry Conference is two days.
- 33% prefer the Mid-Atlantic as the venue of choice, followed by 20% who voted for the Northeast.
- 50% of respondents would like the Industry Conference to be held every 18 months to two years, and 41% would like the Industry Conference to be held annually. June is the preferred month, followed by May.
- 97% indicated that they would attend the next Industry Conference.
“We are pleased to see such positive responses from those who attended the conference and the vote of confidence extended about the event overall,” said George Day, Industry Conference chair. “This type of candid feedback will prove very beneficial to us as we make plans for future events, and we thank everyone who made it possible, from our committee, to our sponsors, to our speakers, and most especially, all those who came.”
THANKS TO ALL SAIL AMERICA INDUSTRY CONFERENCE SPONSORS!