WINNERS OF “BEST IN SHOW” ANNOUNCED AT SAIL AMERICA MEMBER MEETING IN ANNAPOLIS
Sail America and the United States Yacht Shows teamed up to launch the Best in Show Awards at the United States Sailboat Show held in Annapolis, October 7 – 11, 2010, with the goal to recognize exhibitors for excellence in presenting their products and services. Awards were made in four separate categories, with an overall “Best in Show” winner as deemed by a team of four independent judges who used the following criteria to select the winners:
- The display projects a quality image – attractive, clean and well lit.
- The display creates a positive sailing lifestyle image.
- The display is inviting and accessible to attendees.
- There is good traffic control with systems in place to register prospects.
- Staff is attentive and professional.
- There is consistent branding throughout the display (i.e. booth design, collateral, signage, staff attire, etc.).
Winners for this first year’s event included:
- Best Booth Display – 200 square feet and under: SEBAGO
- Best Booth Display – Over 200 square feet: HARKEN
- Best Boat Display – Four or fewer boats: TOPAZ
- Best Boat Display – Five or more boats: BENETEAU
- “Best in Show” Winner: TOPAZ
Category winners received an attractive brass compass chart weight, while Topaz also took home a specially engraved plaque, all of which were donated by Weems & Plath.
In terms of their respective selection, judges noted the following rationale for the winners.
“SEBAGO offered an inviting space to show goers, coupled with clear imagery and an airy, uncluttered sales environment. Harken demonstrated strong consistent branding, hands-on interactive and touch sensitive info pads and a good separation between hardware and apparel. TOPAZ also offered clear, consistent branding, but their exhibit clearly appealed to a younger generation, complete with demo boat and a very eye-catching display, which also led the judges to give it the coveted Best in Show distinction. Finally, Beneteau took home the honors for the 5 or more boat category due to its impressive large display with two large yachts flanking the grand entrance, exciting pre-show marketing efforts and its impressive ‘dock and go’ demonstrations.”
“We were pleased to work in cooperation with the United States Yacht Shows to present the Best in Show Awards,” said Jonathan Banks, Executive Director, Sail America. “We were impressed by the quality of many displays and the great work by exhibitors, and look forward to this becoming a tradition that celebrates the best of the best.”