SAIL AMERICA AND UNITED STATES SAILBOAT SHOW ANNOUNCE “BEST IN SHOW” AWARDS.
Sail America and the United States Yacht Shows have teamed up to run the Best in Show Awards at the United States Sailboat Show, Annapolis, October 7 – 11, 2010.
The Best in Show Awards will recognize exhibitors for excellence in presenting their products and services at the United States Sailboat Show. Awards will be given in four separate categories with an overall “Best in Show” winner:
Sail America has selected a team of four independent judges who will use the following criteria to select the winners:
- The display projects a quality image – attractive, clean and well lit.
- The display creates a positive sailing lifestyle image.
- The display is inviting and accessible to attendees.
- There is good traffic control with systems in place to register prospects.
- Staff is attentive and professional.
- There is consistent branding throughout the display (i.e. booth design, collateral, signage, staff attire, etc.).
The four categories for the Best in Show Awards are:
- Best Booth Display – 200 square feet and under
- Best Booth Display – Over 200 square feet
- Best Boat Display – Four or fewer boats
- Best Boat Display – Five or more boats
There will also be an overall “Best in Show” winner.
Each category winner will receive an attractive brass compass chart weight and the overall winner will receive a specially engraved plaque, both of which have been donated by Weems & Plath.
“We are excited to be working with United States Yacht Shows on the Best in Show Awards,” said Jonathan Banks, Executive Director, Sail America. “The Best in Show Awards will encourage exhibitors to make an extra effort to present their products and services in a professional way. This is a sure-fire way to increase the number of attendees to their space and will help improve attendees overall show experience.”